Whether you are looking for a place to get your Bachelor's degree or to go on with your Master's degree, whether you plan to develop your professional competency through conducting scholarly research, or, perhaps, you are interested only in taking a few particular courses - you are welcome to National University of "Kyiv-Mohyla Academy"! All those programs are available at National University of "Kyiv-Mohyla Academy" for foreign students and here is some information that might be helpful if you decided to apply to the NaUKMA.
If you are interested in obtaining a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree at NaUKMA, you may access lists of Bachelor’s or Master’s programs here. Full- time programs (Bachelor and Master) are offered mainly in the Ukrainian Language (with the exception of the "Health Ñare Management" and German and European Studies Master’s programs). There is no preparatory faculty for foreign students at NaUKMA, however, visiting students may study Ukrainian as a Foreign Language.
HOW TO APPLY
>> read more
Your application package should incude:
1. A filled-in appropriate application form. You can find Bachelor's Program application form or Master's Program application form
2. Official documents that certify eligibility for the level of the academic program you are applying for:
• secondary (high) school transcript,
• a certified copy of the certificate on secondary (high) school education
• an essay explaining why you want to study at the NaUKMA
• university/college transcript on Bachelor level studies
• a certified copy of Bachelor's diploma (with Apostil or Consular legalization, please write to email@example.com for the details)
• statement of purpose
• abstract from your fist degree thesis/term paper
You can send us the application form and the supporting documents via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) (originals of the transcripts and diplomas will be required, when accepted).
Pre-selected applicants will be invited for:
- for Bachelor's Program applicants - three interviews: two Specialities
(list of subjects) and Ukrainian Language;
- for Master's program in Ukrainian language - three interviews: Speciality, Ukrainian Language and English Language;
- for Master's Program in English language - two interviews: Speciality and English Language.
The terms to be agreed, Skype interview can be considered.
APPLICATION DEADLINE for 2017-2018 academic year is
JULY 20, 2017 for Bachelor Programs,
JULY 24, 2017 for Master Programs
For additional information please contact Mariia Vasilets, email@example.com, tel. +38 044 425 50 16
Some of you may be interested in studying in a non-degree status, either through exchange programs (exchange students) or for their own personal learning experience (free-movers) or for the research work (research students). A non-degree status give you a possibility choose different courses from different programs taught in different languages.
Many courses at NaUKMA are taught in English, the list of them you can see here. Those of you who know Ukrainian can take courses taught in Ukrainian (from Bachelor or Master’s programs).
Non-degree students can study Ukrainian as a Foreign language.
- Exchange students
NaUKMA has the agreements about students exchange with many universities in different countries; you can find out if your University has an exchange agreement with NaUKMA here.
Unusually tuition fee waiver policy is applied towards exchange students.
- Erasmus Mundus Students
NaUKMA is glad to welcome European students, coming to us through the Erasmus Mundus Action 2 projects (EU supported and funded initiative to facilitate exchanges between EU Universities and the universities in the 3rd countries).
Currently NaUKMA participates in two Erasmus Mundus Action 2 projects, please check below if your university is also a member of any of this projects:
- IANUS II
- ALRAKIS II
Please note that application procedure for participation in the Erasmus Mundus Action 2 mobility is done according to the every particular project requirement, please check the web-page of every project. Please also notice the deadline for every project!
If your University does not have an agreement with NaUKMA, you can still come here for non-degree studies in a free-mover status. Free-mover students are individual non-degree international students who come to NaUKMA for one or two terms for taking courses one or more NaUKMA programs. Free-movers are expected to pay tuition fee at NaUKMA.
HOW TO APPLY
(please note that this relevant for the Exchange students and Free-movers, for Erasmus Mundus mobility please check the application requirements and procedures of every particular project)
>> read more
You application package must include:
• Application form
• A copy of an official degree diploma/certificate (if available)
• A university transcript documenting your academic work
• Certificate of proficiency in English from your University(for non-native speakers)
• An essay explaining why you want to study at the NaUKMA
After successful completing their period of studies at NaUKMA non-degree students will receive an academic transcript (in Ukrainian, with official English translation).
For additional information please contact Mariia Vasilets,
firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. +38 044 425 50 16
- Research students
There is another possibility for international students to come to NAUKMA. Being a research student you will concentrate on the research work / collecting data for you topic of interest under the supervision of the NaUKMA faculty member.
In addition to their research work international research students can audit the NaUKMA courses (if there are no special pre-requirements for attending the class) without getting the credits and grades. They will have the possibility to get library card and use library resources. Please see more about NaUKMA library here.
Research students have also the possibility to take Ukrainian as a Foreign Language classes.
The maximum duration of research students stay at NaUKMA is 1 academic year.
HOW TO APPLY
>> read more
In order to apply for research student status at NaUKMA, you should do such steps:
1. Decide about research area and topic. Please check NaUKMA webpage for information about Faculties, Departments and main research spheres.
2. Fill in the application form and send it via email to email@example.com
3. Prepare supporting application documents (CV and research project).
4. Some international students already know the research advisor at NaUKMA with whom they would like to work with. Please let us to know if the is the case, otherwise we shall try to do that for you, basing on your research proposal.
For additional information please contact Mariia Vasilets, firstname.lastname@example.org,
tel. +38 044 425 50 16